Auto Warranty & Vehicle Service Contracts
What is a warranty?
All autos come with some type of built-in manufacturer’s warranty when they are purchased new, usually either a “powertrain” or “bumper to bumper” warranty. Powertrain warranties cover your engine and transmission against defects in workmanship. Bumper to bumper coverage (also known as a “Limited Warranty”) will cover most other items in the vehicle, both under the hood and inside the actual automobile itself. Power controls, navigation system, and other electronics are a few examples. Both types of extended warranties cover a set period of time or a set amount of miles.
When vehicles are purchased used, or the original manufacturer’s warranty runs out, a Vehicle Service Contract by Route 66 can come in handy by protecting against potential costly future repairs.
Route 66 Extended Warranty Plans
Route 66 offers three plans:
- First Street (Drivetrain Plus) – covers Engine, Standard transmission, Automatic transmission, Drive axle assembly 2-wheel drive, 4 Wheel / All-wheel drive, Cooling and Electrical.
- Main Street (Deluxe) – includes all items in First Street plus – Air conditioning, Steering, Brakes, Cooling, Engine, Fuel Delivery, Front Suspension (vehicles under 85,000 miles at purchase), Electrical and Automatic Transmission.
- Easy Street (Factory type) – because we covers so many components, it is not possible to list them all. Instead we list a small number of parts that are NOT COVERED: oil, brake shoes, belts, hoses, tires, tune-up items, filters, a/c coolants, exhaust and emission parts, sound reproduction, collision avoidance, lane departure warning system and safety restraint system, lighting, cosmetic and body parts, glass and paint.
Disclaimer: See contract for complete details. Complete terms and conditions are contained within each Service Agreement. Plans are subject to change.
- No Deductible
- Nationwide Coverage
- 24/7/365 Emergency Roadside Assistance
- 30 Day Money-Back Guarantee
- Direct Claim Payments Via Visa/Mastercard
Total Loss Refund: If your car is declared a total loss by the insurance company, Route66 will refund the entire original premium of your service agreement.